One Day, Liam Will Have a Girlfriend....

>> 11.14.2009

...and when he does- these are the photos we will be whipping out:

Our little lamb resting so peacefully.

We were there for a good 45 minutes and the child did not so much as flinch- he was OUT.

As the good days pile up, [our count is up to 2! woo!] Ryan and I are starting to find fun in the little things. And honestly... what is the point of having kids if you can't make fun of them? I mean.. that is what makes all of the sleepless nights and tantrums and puberty and "Mom, I am piercing my nipples and going into the Peace Corps and you can't stop me" worth it, right? Okay... maybe that- and the fact that you love them so freaking much that every time you look at them your heart practically explodes out of your chest. But.. still.. the ability to tease doesn't hurt:

Sorry, Liam.. you were born into a family that shows our [undying, never-ending, forever and always, all-consuming] love and affection by... ribbing the hell out of you. It will be okay, though.. I promise. We all survived it- you will too. And one day, you will learn the art.. and we will be so proud.

In other news: did you notice my new hair?

In Ryan's words: It seemed like a fall thing to do- and it makes my eyes look ice blue, which is kinda cool.

I don't usually post on the weekends... but I am actively attempting to avoid the large quantities of housework that I can no longer put off because "I am still healing." We are living in a pig sty people.. and it is not pretty. My husband is here to help me with anything that falls under the "strenuous" category and so.. it must be done. Le sigh.

But as a reward: we are getting our refrigerator today! It will be amazing because we will then have a complete working kitchen and can stop living on take-out. Yay!

So.. I will leave you with this- OUR FIRST CHUB SIGHTING!

At 2 lbs, 9.9 oz- Liam has officially developed some coveted baby fat. We are so proud!

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Shemaiah,  November 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Awwww! Love seeing the chub! :)

Julia November 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

I love the pics! Daddy and him are twins right LOL! SO cute

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

As a mother of (soon-to-be) 4, I can assure you that mild ridicule is a very important part of parenting... I sometimes prefer it to discipline - and it works wonders, too! Your little boy is precious - and so are the pictures!!! (And he does look JUST LIKE his daddy.)

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

I'm lovin' the pics and chub!!! And congrats on the fridge...whats for dinner?? :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP