Welcome to my Home

>> 3.01.2010

Home is a shelter from storms - all sorts of storms.
William J. Bennett


You may or may not remember this post, in which I introduced you to our new house with its bizarre color scheme, brown trim, and original artwork [oh, my!.]

In between surprise births, college graduations, dog adoptions and those other sorts of things.. we have been hard at work on our little house. With much blood, sweat and tears, along with some pinching, saving, thrifting and liquidating.. we are piecing together a home. I thought you might like to see it!

Today I will show you our living room.

You simply must return to that original post to understand just how far we have come. But it is not finished. Just this weekend, we rearranged to make room for the lovely sideboard we got at a liquidations sale and which we are enjoying immensely.

I am not sure a home is ever "finished" and I am looking forward to the evolution of ours.

10 comments:

Megan March 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Hey, I have that bookcase! It came with our house - where did you get yours? I want another one to match the one we have. :P

By the way, I LOVE your living room. It looks so awesome! I love the red accent wall - I want to do something similar in our house!

Becky March 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

I'd heard of the horror that was the original color scheme of your house, but until looking at your old post, I never actually saw what it looked like. Your stories can't do it justice. You need to carry around a picture to show people whenever your tell the tale. :-) It is amazing in an I-can't-believe-it kind of way.

Julia March 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

WOW so pretty! I love the collage of photos

I was thinking when I read the bath time post that you must have a nice house. I thought your bathroom looked nice (that was the bathroom right LOL)

And until today I forgot about the mermaid!

Michelle March 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

It came from Target, I believe. Target is da bomb. I am totally bringing back "da bomb." :)

Megan March 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Thank you so much! I love Target - I'll have to see if I can find them there! :)

Radar's Mom March 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Oh my... I like what you've done with the living room, but I have to confess that when you get to the bathroom, I'm going to be a little downtrodden if you've gotten rid of the Mermaid! That's a classic.

Unknown March 2, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

what a great look. I love the red with black accessories. And, I totally agree, a home is definitly never finished. :)

Lindsey March 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

I looked at this post yesterday, but I had a baby on the boob and couldn't type so I'm back....

I LOVE what you have done!! Love the coloring, love the decor, love the pictures on the wall!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL!!

I'll be moving in next week.

Thanks.

Vanessa Washburn March 4, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

That is lovely. I love the red wall and all of the red accents throughout the room.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP