Feel the Burn

>> 9.16.2009

Indigestion is the failure to adjust a square meal to a round stomach.
Unknown

Oh, man... my chest, as usual, is going up in flames in protest to..well, pretty much anything I put into my mouth. I find myself guzzling milk like it is going out of style and popping Tums like candy..but it only helps temporarily.

I looked up what causes pregnancy heartburn and this is what I found:
During pregnancy, the placenta produces the hormone progesterone, which relaxes the smooth muscles of the uterus. This hormone also relaxes the valve that separates the esophagus from the stomach, allowing gastric acids to seep back up, which causes that unpleasant burning sensation. (You can read the entire article here)

I tell myself that it is payback for my complete lack of morning sickness and, the truth is, I would rather suffer from heartburn every day of my pregnancy than suffer through three months of puking my guts up. So I am trying not to complain.

Speaking of complaining, I am slowly starting to wonder what it is I ever had against my pre-preggo body.

Then:

Now:In comparison to my ever-expanding waistline, new set of thunder thighs, and extra chins... it was so beautiful... and all I ever did was point out all its flaws and tell it it wasn't good enough. I was so abusive! I only hope I haven't scared it away forever!


Dear Body,
After Liam has vacated the premises.. please return to me. I promise to be nicer to you, to compliment you more, and to appreciate all the hard work you do. Remember all the good times we had together? We will exercise and eat right..and I will be satisfied that you are doing your best. No longer will I stare in the mirror, pinching and prodding, critizing your every short-coming, or fussing when you do not fit into that size 4... a 6 is fine, really. I will even take the 8.... I promise.
I miss you.
Love always,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP