Let's Get It On

>> 11.19.2009

At my doctor's appointment yesterday my doctor said- and I quote, "you can do pretty much anything you want to do- I'm not worried about it hurting you. Just... no stomach crunches quite yet."


OMFG-Really?! Really?!

My mouth must have been hanging open because he just sort of smiled and patted my shoulder gently and shoved me out the door. I started to say, "..but it's only been three weeks." Then, just in time, I had this flashback of the second grade when the teacher forgot to write the homework on the board and this stupid girl in the third row with this big, massive red bow in her hair [that her mom collected at these ridiculous bow parties left over from the 80's which were still cool in Texas because, let's be honest, Texas is the 80's bitch- and honestly, these parties were just an excuse for the moms to get together and gossip but the little girls all had to suffer the teased bangs and outlandish head ornaments long after Mrs. and Mr. Grinshaw stopped going to therapy and Mr. Patterson's secretary had their illegitimate love child - how is that fair?!] raised her hand three minutes before the bell rang and asked why there was no homework on the board and the teacher said, "Why thank you Michelle- I almost forgot." And sometimes, late at night, when it is very quiet I- I mean SHE... can still hear the chanting of "teacher's pet, teacher's pet" echo eerily off the walls. So... I slapped my hand over my big, fat, stupid mouth just in time and got my butt out of there.

You know what this means, right? You know... WHAT.THIS. MEANS. RIGHT?!

I have been waiting for this day and although it has come sooner than I expected, it could not come soon enough. My heart was pitter-pattering- I was walking on air. My mouth watered- I was practically trembling with desire. I have been so deprived and the deprivation was about to end. The elation could hardly be contained.

I came home and told my husband and he looked at me in awe. Life just got a little bit more awesome.


Today.... today.....

Today, I hooked up my Wii.
It was everything I hoped it would....and so much more.

What?
Oooooohhhhhhhh.... you didn't think I was going to say... [S. E. X.] did you? Get your filthy mind out of the gutter. Gosh.

Ryan got me Wii Fit Plus as a coming home present a couple days after I got out of the hospital. I know that it was more than likely just an excuse because he has been pretty much gunning for a Wii since they first came out.. but he gets the points anyway. I have been so excited to use it and today I set it all up.

For the most part, I loved it. It was mildly depressing when I weighed myself and the little scale made disapproving noises at me. I did not want to know how much I was gaining during my pregnancy because I tend to get weird about it and that was just one more thing I would have to stress over so.. this was my first time facing my weight since Liam's existence was discovered. It appears that I gained 22 pounds during my pregnancy [24.2 pounds with Liam. Ha.] and so 22 pounds I shall lose. I set my goal for three months- which is a little steep- about 3 lbs a week... but I want to see how I do the first week and adjust from there.

Well, anyway- that is my news for today.
You can't see me but I am shaking my head at you and your dirty gutter mind disapprovingly. Tisk, tisk.

And now.. I am going to see my son.

6 comments:

Unknown November 20, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

Hey there, Michelle,
I just wanted to post a little something, which will probably TMI, and if so I am so, so sorry for doing so, but I feel you should know.

I started exercising again at 3 weeks, which felt great to me. I was so determined to lose weight, which I have, 52 pounds in all, but I just wanted to warn you that a good sign your body is ready for a work out is that, how can I say this, there's no more bleeding. This actually accounts for exercise and sex. And, if there is still some bleeding and it turns a bright red, well, you're doing too much.

So, just keep that in mind, please, I'd hate for you to over do something, and please, please, please, tell me what you think of the Wii Fit Plus. I'm so torn over getting it. I have the Wii Fit.

Enjoy, and I hope youre working your little butt off! :)

Julia November 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

WOO HOO ok you were shaking your head at me but again WOO HOO!!! LOL

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) November 20, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Pffff ha ha ha. This entry made me laugh!

And don't feel bad about your 22 pounds. I have gained 28, and still have 8 weeks of pregnancy left. I'm going to be a frigging heifer!

Michelle November 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Thanks, Toni- I will.. but I actually haven't been bleeding at all for the last week. I think it is probably because everything didn't get quite as stretched out as a full-term pregnancy and.. as my mom so delicately put it, "The suctioned out your uterus really well." Yeah.. when you have a medical professional for a mother- she doesn't sit in the operating room and just hold your hand like a normal person- SHE ACTUALLY WATCHES! Freak.

And Natalie- if I gained 22 in 29 weeks, I am not sure I want to know how much I would have gained at 40. Yeesh. :-/

Becky November 20, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Hi Michelle! Congrats! I remember the ok to exercise again - made me feel like a human!!
I'm enjoying reading your blog and hope that you can get out of that damn NICU soon.

P.S. The socks are from old navy, if you go to oldnavyweekly.com I can usually pick up atleast a 10% off coupon. And they run small. Skip the 0-3 months!

MeWoodward November 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Sweet! I am getting a Wii for Christmas and I can't wait. Although it is starting to look like I won't get to use it much right away either :( I would still just take it easy; don't over do, listen to your body. It knows well :) (Meghan-mewoodward from babyfit)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP