Another First

>> 12.18.2009

It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.

Liam Eliot tends to be a rather messy eater... so today, after he dribbled a fourth of his bottle down the front of his shirt, I decided to change his clothes by myself.. for the very first time.

Dirty.

A brief pause for nude shots, of course.

Clean!

I did my very best and Liam was quite patient with me. He watched me solomnly without so much as a peep.

The look on his face tells me Liam is realizing what a klutz he has for a Mama.


But I think he loves me anyway.

I wish I could share every single picture I take of him with you- they all (all 178 of them.. each visit) turn out so precious. I would if it would not totally crash your browser.. and if I didn't know I am the only one who can truly appreciate the 57th shot of him playing with his hands.

Each new experience is a small reminder that our little one will be coming home soon. Sooner than I ever expected really. Today Liam is 3 lbs, 12 oz. and his doctor is letting him bottle-feed at every other feeding. He nurses during his gavage feedings and he is great at both. (The tape on his nose is to keep his feeding tube in place- he managed to pull it out a few times a day, so they got a bit more aggressive with the adhesive). The biggest news is that they are stopping his caffeine therapy because he has not had any serious spells since the 14th! If he does well without the caffeine we could have him home... *drumroll please* by NEW YEAR'S! And that is without monitors or medication.

What a beautiful way to start 2010.

5 comments:

Lindsey December 18, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

That look (where he is holding your fingers) is priceless!

Becky December 18, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

WOO HOO! Liam is a rockstar and super cute! What an awesome way to ring in 2010. And as far as klutzy, I smeared carrots all over his face the other night on accident. They love us unconditionally, which is supremely amazing.

Julia December 19, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

So wonderful! He is a cutie pie! And I love his clothes

Unknown December 20, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

I absolutely love his pics! His expressions remind me of Maddie's at times. Just the stare as you watch him look, I get that from her at times and its just overwhelming. :)

So, after Christmas I have a week off from work if you want to get a work out in. Just let me know!

MeWoodward December 21, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I too love the pic of him holding your fingers.

That is SOO exciting!! It will be a good new year :) ♥

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP