Rewind

>> 12.17.2009

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
Franklin P. Jones

I am getting to spend this cold winter day with three of my favorite kids. It is such a blessing. Because there is no way to predict what tomorrow may bring, I have not yet been able t
o return to work... and I miss them all terribly. Filling in for the fill-in every once in awhile keeps me from going through withdraw.

This morning, we bundled up for a winter walk.. but little red noses and chattering chins had us turning around rather quickly. We shed our hats and mittens and I made some (kid-friendly) Mexican-style hot cocoa, which was slurped down with enthusiasm.

[Though it must be mentioned that this has nothing on actual Mexican hot chocolate- which I will have to share with you sometime very soon.]

We spent the rest of the morning reading and dancing and laughing... and I soaked it all in. Kids change so quickly. In the few weeks I have been gone these kids are hardly recognizable: lisps are fading, teeth have been lost, inches were gained... and new skills are mastered!


When I was little I was always so puzzled by adults who told me to stop growing. Oh, you know the ones: "You are getting so tall! We are just going to have to put a brink on your head!" Say what?!

....and now... I get it. I totally get it.


2 comments:

mmcc54 December 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

I just found your blog.and I just wanted to say your son is soo amazing!! Your story is very touching. I wish you guys the best of luck,and you def. have alot to be thankful for this holiday season. Merry Christmas!!
Marissa
http://babywaters.wordpress.com/

Unknown December 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

They do change so quickly! I'm glad you got to hang out with them for a bit. :) It's good to get back into the swing of things.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP