A Brief Note Concerning My Absence

>> 12.08.2009

Achilles absent, was Achilles still.
Homer

I have not been posting as frequently as usual because my brain is otherwise occupied. In two days, after five and a half years of struggles and heartache and the painful, yet satisfying, stretching of the mind.... I will be done with school.

For. Ev. Er.

Now, I am not entirely sure that I will graduate. I wish that I was.. but, I'm just not. I have tried my best under the circumstances... but it has been a strange few weeks and I know that my work has not been brilliant. All I can hope for is mercy and a good dose of luck. However, whatever happens... I will be done after tomorrow. Done. I was not sure if I would ever be done.

If I do not graduate.. I am sure I will return to finish later- some day when our family is complete and I am feeling restless. [So, in that case you can disregard my massive "For.Ev.Er" above. ] But FOR. NOW. .... it is time for this phase in my life to be over.

At the moment, I have three assignments to be turned in. Three assignments away from the end: two are almost completed and one.... well.... one is going to take a good deal of determination and brain power to finish in time. I have to have everything finished before I close my eyes to sleep tomorrow night. Wish me luck!


And, here is a good dose of cuteness for you until I return on Thursday:

What is this THING doing taped to my face again! I do not like it one little bit.

Hmmm... I need a cunning plan to facilitate its removal.
I GOT IT!

Step 1: Lay still... and look very, very, very, cute.

Step 2: Wait until they least expect it and then.....grab repeatedly at my face until I get a finger hooked underneath and YANK!
[Okay- so it isn't quite brilliant; I'm a baby... give me a break!]

Gah! Thwarted by Papa. He is making eyebrows at me... I will make them back.

Well.. that is just fine. I will continue with step one... because...you can't hold me forever, you know. Soon, I will be back in my box... and then......

Victory SHALL BE MINE!

11 comments:

Julia December 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Glad all is well!!! Hope you get your "Christmas Miracle" and graduate, but I am sure Liam is the only Miracle you really want ;)

Loving the cuteness!!!

Becky December 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Those, are super adorable pictures. Wow. Seriously, all I have is Wow.

Lindsey December 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

He looks different everytime you post, a little "older" each time! Those eyes are so precious!!

As for school, YOU CAN DO IT! ( : I think that's from an Adam Sandler movie.

Lisa December 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Wow! You graduated and he graduated!! :) And Elisa graduated. We need to have a graduation party.

And it's so funny how they can pull those tubes out! Wait till he gets his little hands around that NG tube. Elisa has pulled hers out 3 times already.

Becky,  December 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Everyone thinks his or her kid is the cutest kid ever...but I gotta say, you and Ryan made one pretty darn cute kid.

Anonymous,  December 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Congrats on almost finishing school. I hope that luck is in your favor.

Your son is absolutely adorable! Especially that last one. : )

Meg December 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

omg he is so adorable!

Mandy @ mintnclandycreate December 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Great pictures, and good for you! Hopefully they will cut you some slack. What are your plans after getting your degree? Are you staying home or working? Hope you get everything finished and turned in & that the degree is yours for the taking!

Michelle December 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Mandy,
Both, actually! I will work two days a week but since I am a nanny, I can take Liam with me. I am really blessed to be able to do that. My degree, on the other hand, will sit collecting dust on a shelf. Maybe one day I will use it... who knows.

Amber December 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

The pictures of your little Liam are just adorable.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP