I'm a Big Kid Now

>> 12.09.2009

Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.
Rose Kennedy


Well, my professor made a big mistake: he gave us another day to work on our papers... therefore enabling my natural procrastinating nature. However, I am still only one day away from graduation- of course... my own graduation has been completely and totally trumped but a wee little man we all know and love:

Liam's thinking outside the box!

I mean... really.. how do you expect me to do school work when I have this to stare at?:


And it is so much easier now that I do not have to peer at him through thick plastic.
And it is so much more enjoyable than staring at a screen wringing my brain for a few more sad drops of knowledge on Robert Lowell. [Who I do not know nor love.]

True story.


Liam's world: Now weighing a whopping 3 lbs 6 oz, Liam is sleeping in a big boy bed [as you can see]. He gets to wear teeny, tiny clothes and use his very own blankets! Tomorrow his run of antibiotics for that nasty yeast infection will be through... but he has now started some oral meds for elevated... something or other... caused by prolonged use of who knows what. [Does not asking 562 questions about medical procedures I have no hope of understanding make me a bad mother?] He had to have his 4th blood transfusion this afternoon but has been off his cannula for a couple of days and so far handling it well. And.. *drumroll please* has been cleared by the doctor to try breastfeeding!

Oh..... and he does precious, squishy things like this:
And makes his Mama and Papa so very happy.

8 comments:

Lisa December 10, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

AHHH I love the candy cane hat! He is gorgeous. Has he managed to pull the tube out yet?

Becky December 10, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Wow! He is getting big!!!! His little face is filling out soo cute! And congrats on the clear to BF!!! Don't get discouraged, remember he's really not supposed to do it till atleast 37-40 weeks, but practice does you good!!!! I am soo thrilled for you!

Shemaiah,  December 10, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

That's so great that he is doing so well! Keep it up, Liam!!

Angela December 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

He's absolutely beautiful... and I LOVE the cute, fists-by-the-face pictures!

Catie December 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

He's so precious with his hands curled up by his face.

Catie White

Unknown December 12, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Praise God for weight gains and big boy beds!

Liam is so cute, you did a really good job on the little guy!! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP