Spring Fever

>> 2.19.2010

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
Mark Twain


What a beautiful day! Warm enough to make you earn for spring:: warm enough for Liam's first outdoor adventure. We only ventured into the front yard-- baby steps, you know. Liam has taken many walks in his stroller, but generally snoozed through the whole thing.. and has never really met the earth, you know?

It will not be long before he is well-acquainted; having tasted it, dug in it, ground it into open wounds. I hope they will be the greatest of friends.

But today they were introduced gently.


After a few brief moments of alien space monkey fussing which I believe meant something along the lines of, "What is the meaning of this woman?! You dare to Put. Me. Down!" Liam really seemed to settle into the out of doors. He took in all the new sensations with wide-eyed wonder and was quite patient as his Mama snapped a few (okay.. perhaps about 173) pictures. I just could not help it. He was looking mighty cute. I will spare you the redundancy.. but here are a few:


This baby is so very precious.



And badass. Did I mention badass?


I definitely have a bit of the fever. While I have always enjoyed the quite stillness and general coziness of winter (we readers like anything that gives us the excuse to stay in our pajamas all day with stacks of good books to munch on)... I am also eager for the warmer months and the freedom that will accompany them. I have oh, so many plans.

But for now.. we will take the little slivers of Spring thrown our way and savor them while they melt on our tongues. These days I am not wishing away a single moment.

6 comments:

emily bilbrey February 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM  

such lovely pictures! i say, snap away lady! i think it was a good four months before i stopped feeling weird if i didn't take at least SOME photos every day. and i completely love looking back on the absurd amount i have!

your little bug is simply darling. love his outfit! happy spring!

cheers!

Vanessa Washburn February 20, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

He is too cute!
All this talk of spring makes me long for birds chirping, flowers blooming and days getting longer.

~gretchen~ February 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

those are GREAT pictures! why are our babies the cutest baies in all the world? i love this entry :)

-Julia- February 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Totally jealous.. is that grass I see? REAL GRASS? Sometimes, I can see mine popping up under a bit of snow, and then the snow melts.. turning my "grass" into muddy slushy nastyness. Then it rains, and snows again. I'm not sure if Missouri knows it's almost March..

too cute, love the photos =).

Jennifer February 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

I love your photos...how cares if you have 1,000--go for it!! They are only this in this stage for a short time, so snap away! :-)

Becky February 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

I love the picture of you and Liam. Its goregous and full of attitude and life!! He's such a beautiful little boy and I adore the overalls and hat.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP