Take Me to Your Leader

>> 2.18.2010

We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to Planet Earth.
Brad Steiger

Just in case you were beginning to think that life with Liam is all unicorns and sunshine...... don't.

We get plenty of this:

Followed promptly by this:


And a little bit of this:


Yes.. as evident in these photographs, we do, in fact, torture the child. Look at that little fist raised in indignation. Sigh. Honestly.. if the kid wasn't so darn cute I'm not sure we would put up with his nonsense. Score one for natural selection.. or you know, whatever it is in science that makes us want to take care of cute little things that squeak.

I am beginning to think that living with an infant is much like living with royalty... from another planet. They have strange customs, they do not speak your language, and they expect to be waited on hand and foot. And I'm sorry [MOM] but Liam did enter this world looking slightly like... a monkey from outer space. Let's just be honest here.

I find further proof in Liam's attempts to communicate: hands waving aimlessly in front of his face, punctuated with shrill shrieks, clicks, grunts, and an occasional coo. The coos are my favorite. But.. slightly space monkey-ish. I'm just saying.

Ah, well.. life with the prince of the space apes isn't so bad. I'll take it.

And one for the road:

No press, please!

5 comments:

Becky February 18, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

you know, even fussing, he's soo cute!

Michelle February 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Ha, ha. I know! It probably works as a disadvantage to him though since I will often be too busy kissing his scrunched up face to tend to whatever it is he is fussing about. :)

Lisa February 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

Lol, love it! I know what you mean though, the antics Elisa does when wanting something seriously NOW ends up making us laugh rather than move faster. But they are SOOOO cute. Something about the scrunched up faces just makes you want to smother it with kisses. Adorable!

Julia February 19, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

you make me laugh! this is one of my fav posts

Unknown February 19, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

your words are just awesome and the pics are just too darn cute!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP