and He really, really, REALLY loves me.

>> 11.23.2009

So.. remember last post when I talked about finding Liam's crib set for $15.00 and how awesome it was and how it seemed like that was pretty much the greatest thing EVER?!

Well... scratch that.

It cannot be the greatest thing ever because the greatest thing ever just happened to me. Right now. Right this very minute.

For real this time.

Tonight......

I held Liam. I really and truly held him.... for a very long time.


I started to type out the whole story- how the nurse was so surprised and a bit angry that no one had let me hold him yet and how light he was in my arms and how he just stared at me quietly until he drifted off to sleep... but then I realized that I like that it is my story. I did not have a camera and no one was there to watch me.. and I am so glad. I am glad that it was just me and him in that quiet corner of the hospital. It is a memory that I will always have all to myself- one that I will relive often when I am cleaning his skinned knees, and wiping his runny nose, and kissing him good-night. It is what I will remember the first time he goes to school... and when takes a girl to a dance...and drives off in his first car.. and goes to college and.... when I kiss him on his wedding day.. and the first time I hold his baby.

It will always just be me and him in the quiet corner of the hospital.

Best. Day. Ever.

8 comments:

Tristan! November 23, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

This is better than the crib for sure. I'm so proud and happy for you!

Becky November 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Wow. I remember the thread on babycenter where everyone was so angry for you. Now I'm just thrilled. Congrats. That is just amazing.

Unknown November 24, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Congrats! That is awesome news. I bet he is so in love with his momma! :)

Susan November 24, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Do you ever do baby product reviews? I have one I'd like to recommend. Please let me know. Thank you.
susankasher@gmail.com

Unknown November 24, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

a link you might like
http://www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com/

Julia November 24, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

That is the best thing EVER!

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) November 24, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

That is fantastic, Michelle. Great great news!

Shemaiah,  November 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Awwww! Congratulations on having such a special time with him!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP