There is a God.. and He Loves Me!!

>> 11.23.2009

God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

So.. remember a couple of posts ago when I talked about my Wii Fit Plus and how awesome it was that I could use it and how it seemed like that was pretty much the greatest thing EVER?!

Well... scratch that.

It cannot be the greatest thing ever because the greatest thing ever just happened to me. Right now. Right this very minute.

Ryan and I decided to do a bird theme in Liam's room long before he was born. Not a typical cutesy baby bird theme... more of an Etsy, crafty bird theme... in chocolate brown and sage green. In my head.. it looks marvelous. Unfortunately, there was one slight problem with this plan: apparently.. someone decided that birds are for girls...and didn't send me the memo. WTF? I must have clocked a good 47 hours, 22 minutes, and 56 seconds (not that I was counting) looking for bird themed nursery items that were not slathered in pink and surrounded by gigantic multi-color flowers! It was rather frustrating.

Early on, we stumbled across this crib set pictured to the right at Babies R Us. In most ways... it was just right. The colors are gorgeous, it is organic cotton, and the nature pattern would work perfectly... except... [there is always an except in my life] for the random green bunny rabbits that are scattered in various places.

There was great rending of clothes and knashing of teeth. To be fair, it is called Bunny Meadow... so.. it isn't like we weren't warned.... but it was just so disappointing.

So skip forward a few months- you know... watch my belly grow in super speed, ROC, pre-e, hospital, IV, [tonight? Thursday? tonight? Thursday?] TONIGHT- Ah! epideral, surgery, Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Liam...... roller coaster blood pressures, 8 days later, go home..... waiting... waiting... baby shower (remind me to tell you about that! It was great fun!) and STOP!

Right here.

We went to that baby mega superstore we all know and love to make a couple of [reluctant] returns. And there, right before my very eyes.... is the display version of the Bunny Meadow crib set... on the clearance rack for $80 less than it's original $200. And suddenly.. bunnies did not seem so bad. But I still could not decided- I thought, and thought, and thought, and thought--- but I just really couldn't decide and Ryan still seemed slightly reluctant so.. we left.

That night, I could not get those damn green bunnies out of my head! I searched the internet high and low for something in our price range that would work better to no avail. I tossed and turned... I thought about how the bunnies and birds could be friends- I mean.. it isn't like we are talking OWLS here, and finally, I looked at Ryan and stuck out my bottom lip ever-so-tantalizingly and said, "You know, baby... there are only a FEW little bunny rabbits. Just a few. That's not so bad, is it?!" And he sighed at me and shrugged his shoulders...and sighed some more... and inevitably gave in because he loves me so [and maybe because his sex life hangs in the balance so precariously these days]. So.. I went back today with a coupon I got in the mail, some store credit and Ryan's blessing.

And here is where it gets REALLY good:

The cashier rang up the set and it was NOT $122 as I thought- it was $86! Then it suddenly became $68 because any clearance item that was over $200 originally got another 20% off. THEN I gave the nice lady my own coupon and it was $40-ish. Then I cashed in my store credit. Guess how much I paid out-of-pocket for that crib set? Just guess? JUST GUESS?!

Fifteen dollars! FIFTEEN DOLLARS!

And now.. those bunnies are looking pretty freaking awesome.

6 comments:

Unknown November 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

a dsamn good deal!!!

and I love the rending of clothes and knashing of teeth. :)

MeWoodward November 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

That is AWESOME!! Congrats!

Becky November 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

One last post tonight. Have you seen this? Do you know anyone who sews?

http://www.casasugar.com/1673198

Julia November 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

I love that crib set! I actually almost bought it Green is my favorite color and we call our little on bunny! I am glad you got such a great deal!!! When the nursery is all decorated be sure to post pics! :)

laura yoder,  November 25, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Great story! That bedding is so stinkin expensive. I bet it looks perfect!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP