Allow Me to Introduce You....

>> 2.10.2010

..to the newest member of our family.

The Nikon D3000.

Ryan and I have always had a mild interest in photography. Many a date has been spend with one of our eyes behind a lens, eager to capture the magic of the moment. And I absolutely love to return to those photographs and remember. However, we have never invested in a really good camera. We've talked about it often.. but generally could capture what we wished with Ryan's Kodak and could not really justify spending a large sum of money on another technological gadget.

Leave it to our little gremlin to spur us into action.

His adorable face must be documented.

We have so far greatly enjoyed our investment. It feels like it has already paid for itself tenfold in beautiful moments forever frozen and we have only owned it for a couple of weeks. We are both still learning its entire potential (and ours)- we still have a long way to go. I would love to take a class someday.


Focus.

Self-portrait

Milk Drunk

As we gain more photography skills, I think it will be quite interesting to return to these early posts and see where we have come from. I hope that we will have learned a lot- that our photographs of Liam will evolve as he does.

8 comments:

Becky February 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Oh Michelle - I can't tell my husband, he's going to be jealous. He has a d50 and I totally tell you, having the faster lens will come in handy. Isaac does so much that I try and capture with my point and shoot nikon misses, but his super fast motor captures. You will not be disapointed!!

Unknown February 10, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

You really are great with a camera. :)

Beth Oldham is the one in charge of out parent resource center. Her number is 648-1757. I haven't personally spoken to her about the premeeie (sp) group but I'm sure she will be able to tell you what groups she's aware of. We have several families here with premeeies so if there isn't already a group, maybe it's now time to get one started. :)

I would have checked on it myself, but I'm super busy this week with parent/teacher conferences. Let me know if you need anything else!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com February 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

I'm sure your skills will evolve =) I know mine did. I look back at the first pictures I took of my pregnancy, then at the first pictures I took of my daughter, and then at the pictures I take now. It's amazing to see how much you can learn on a good camera =)

Your love is adorable. Congratulations!! (I know I'm late to the party, but I just found you!)

Mommy P February 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

I LOVE Liam's milk-drunk smile! Now that's a happy baby. And now you have an even better way to document those smiles.

Jennifer February 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

I only have four words: I am SO jealous!! :-)

Lindsey February 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

YAY!!! Congratulations! I have the Cannon DSLR and I LOVE IT!!

~gretchen~ February 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

such great pics! i did go to best buy to check this camera out but i fell in love with another! the sony cyershot 9.1 mega pixel. we're getting it when our tax money comes and im so beyond excited. i just really wanted the ability to take video too. im obsessed and stare at it longingly on the computer (sad i know!) we always felt the same way about wanting a good quality camera because i know it makes SUCH a difference but not being able to bring ourselves to make the purchase, but i think we deserve it and so did you and ryan! our blogs are going to be way more advanced man!

Becky February 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Milk Drunk may be the absolute cutest baby picture ever.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP